Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers

14 July 2012

Dreaming Big at the Library

William LOVES books and that thrills me! I have been reading to him since before he was born (even in the NICU) and I hope that has a little to do with why he loves storytime so much. William HAS to have a couple of books read to him before nap time and before bed. Sometimes in the afternoons William will say 'ook' or hand me one and will crawl in my lap. I LOVE spending this time with him.

William and I participated in the Nashville Library Programs Summer Reading Program for the second year. He really got into some of the programs (and not so into others like the reptile program). This afternoon we went to a branch library and saw a traveling puppet show! I wish that I had gotten a picture of the stage and marionettes. The story was from the book 'Many Moons'. It was fantastic.

For summer reading we had to fill certain requirements to get prizes. William did pretty good fufilling the requirements. Since today is the last day for summer reading, William and I went to the library to get his/our prizes before the puppet show .

He was presented with a certificate, free admission to some local places like cheekwood botanical gardens & the science center and was also given a book. I participated in the adult program and got a pretty cool bag (perfect for William's library books).

We love the summer reading program and are already looking forward to next year!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely post. The library lady looks so familiar (???). Proud of you and William. Reading is like an open door.

    ReplyDelete