Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers

15 June 2017

(10 June) Negreira to Ponte Olveira

Today's verse:

“Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.”

 1 Peter 5:7

Today I got an email from a camino friend Suzie who had already returned to the United States.  The only thing in the email was this bible verse.  It was a beautiful considering the grief I feel from the loss of my mother-in-law and the peace I wish I could find from not being able to say goodbye.  

This morning we left around 7.  Not a single other person was stirring at the hostel.  We had to walk through town to get to the main path and saw a cafe open and grabbed a quick breakfast.  The air was crisp as it usually is in the mornings and the fog once again hung low in the trees.  Today the plan was to walk to a particular point and if we felt good we would continue.  The map showed that there would be high elevation changes that are hard in the heat.  The terrain in parts of our walk today were brutal on the feet.  We stopped several times but mostly drank from the water we carried in our packs.  Today's scent of the day was Eucalyptus and cleared our sinuses.  I love that smell.  We finally arrived around 4:30.  We had made a reservation because we didn't know how much longer it would take us to arrive and we wanted to make sure we had a place for the night.

After being on the Camino for over 10 days, I'm finding this part strange.  On the Portugese we would see the same people regularly and at the end celebrated with lots of those that we randomly met and traveled with.  On this path, it's different people every time.  So we're not getting to know the people the same.  On the Portuguese you would see them constantly in the evening or around town. Here it was more of a greeting.  I already miss those that I met on the first journey. 

 
   
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Insert link for cow video here later.....

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment