I really want to teach William that fast food (especially McDonalds) is bad and that healthy food can be delicious. It's no secret that I've struggled with weight for most of my life and I want so much for William to be healthier than I......every parent wants to see their kid happy and healthy right?
So what do you feed a kid that hungry all the time? Someone told me how they frequently made Kale chips to snack on and how delicious they were, so I thought I'd give it a try.
Very easy to make....
Toss with 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil and your choice of Salt, Garlic Powder and/or Parmesan.
Bake at 275 F for 20 minutes.
Ready for consumption!
Now, what does my taste tester think of Kale Chips? Let's see.....
The moment of truth.....
I think these two pictures say it all......
Mom's healthy Kale chip is a bust!
Well, almost.....Ben and I have been snacking on it. He likes the salty and I like the Parmesan with garlic powder. But it's not as fabulous as my friend told me it was.
William did get to eat his dinner.....he was happy with brown rice, steamed veggies and black beans.....I guess that's not too bad, right?
So the hunt continues for simple, healthy snack ideas......however it's a little more complicated. William is now suspicious of anything green.....








Helen, super job. This is one for posterity!
ReplyDelete