Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers

13 June 2012

Our First Harvest


Hopefully this won't be the most impressive harvest that you will see out of our garden.  Our Tomatoes, Jalepenos, Cayenne all have babies and a ways to go before we can harvest.  Our herbs are ready!  They were in need pruning and my tummy was in need of dinner.  Ben found some Tilapia on special that was waiting for me in the freezer.  In my opinion, fish and herbs (with a little lemon) is a match made in heaven and it is a lot easier than I thought it would be.  

I have always stayed clear of cooking anything fish and only ate it in restaurants.  This is where I insert the part where my husband has 20 years experience cooking in fine dining establishments.  I look at a pantry and can't find anything that would fit into a recipe to fix and he can pull out random items and create an amazing meal.  I admit, I haven't been real good at paying a lot of attention to how he does it.  But enough is enough, momma needs to learn how to put together a quick meal for the bambino. 


Sweet Basil, Thai Basil, Cilantro and German Thyme

So today I got a lesson on fish preparation.  Ben carefully demonstrated step by step how to do it and the next night it was my turn to repeat it....my almost first attempt at a non-recipe meal.


Herb Tilapia with a butter lemon sauce
This is what I cooked myself for dinner.  It wasn't a bad first attempt but there is definitely room for improvement.  My spices somehow didn't make it to the pan to help get my fish crispy but it was definitely yummy.  The best part?  Leftovers for lunch tomorrow!

Yay, for stepping out of the world of following recipes and for the glimmer of hope that one day I'll be sharing ingredient lists instead of recipes at Hall-Wahl family gatherings!

No comments:

Post a Comment